This section will allow you to practice and begin instituting Table of Contents and Search alerts.
Alert activities Top
Activity – database search alert Top
- Identify and log in to a large and/or subject specific databases highly relevant for your research.
- Register to create a profile. This enables you to create alerts and have them sent to you.
- Develop a comprehensive search statement. The results should be good enough for you to wish to receive via email.
- Find the 'create alert' functionality and fill in your details.
Activity – journal TOC alert Top
- Identify and log in to a journal database highly relevant for your research.
- Register to create a profile.
- Find the browse / list journals location.
- Locate a relevant journal by keyword, subject, or alphabetical browse.
- Find the 'Table of Contents' or 'New Content' alert functionality and fill in your details.
- Repeat the process for as many searches and journals from which you wish to be notified about new content.
This section has allowed to you commence receiving search and content alerts. Automatically receiving rather than repeatedly seeking information will save you a lot of time.