How to formulate a good research question
Now that you are doing your own research, you need to formulate your own research question or questions to be answered. A good research question helps to:
- guide the research process
- construct a logical argument
- write a literature review
- plan thesis chapters
- devise efficient search strategies
Background reading Top
Foss, S. K., & Waters, W. J. C. (2007). Developing your itinerary: the preproposal. In S. K. Foss & W. J. C. Waters (Eds.), Destination dissertation: a traveler's guide to a done dissertation (pp. 35-46). Lanham: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- Study Smart provides an introduction to researching and writing for a specific question or topic (such as an assignment).